Monday, January 6, 2014

Pressure #4 - Tell us about a time you bent to peer pressure.

Oh, the dreaded peer pressure.

Readers, I confess, I used to be a REALLY HEAVY SMOKER. I started in high school, because my boyfriend and all of his friends smoked, and because at that time, I was really messed up and struggling with a lot of things. So, I started smoking. I didn't like it, but I fit in. Actually, in the words of Bill Clinton, for months and months, I didn't inhale! But the next boyfriend was a smoker, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that. So I kept smoking.

Eventually, I inhaled, and eventually, I got addicted. Later stilll, I quit, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Then, for some reason, I started AGAIN. Then I quit again. It's a battle, you know? I think with any addiction, it's always a struggle.

Am I now a nonsmoker? Well, mostly, yes. Once in a while I slip up. Once in a while I give in. But it's not an all-the-time thing.

And there's my deep, dark secret.
________________________________________________________________

NaBloPoMo January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment