Sunday, June 22, 2014

News. new series

I suppose it's been a while since I really posted. I've been super busy with school, taking care of the not-so-wee-one, and health issues. I have decided, though, to renew my commitment to this blog, and to make a concentrated effort to continue blogging regularly. This brings me to my post of the day, and the scary picture to the left.

Have you ever had one of those ISSUES? You know the ones. People tell you not to dwell on it, but it becomes all-consuming. Right. School has been that recently, and it will continue to be a big thing for a while to come yet, but right now, I am ALSO facing another major THING.

I am 38 days away from a total hysterectomy. Friends, I have to tell you, I am relieved and I am terrified. I will explore all of this further in upcoming posts. There is quite a lot to do to get ready, and frankly, the underlying issues are tiring me out pretty quickly of late.

Anyway, that's the basic information right now. If you're following my blog, you will be seeing periodic (no pun intended) updates about the preparation for this - physically, mentally, and spiritually, and AROUND THE HOUSE! Who knew there was so much to do? Did you KNOW that I won't be ALLOWED to VACUUM for SIX WEEKS?! Holy cow!

That's all I've got right now. If you'd like to contribute to helping me with the recovery, a dear friend begged me to set up a gofundme page to allow my friends and readers to do just that. That page is here.

I look forward to hearing from you all and reconnecting with you in the coming weeks here and at Keeping House With Kate.

______________________________________


Hysterectomy Support by HysterSisters.com

photo credit: bitzcelt via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment