Friday, July 5, 2013

The Beginning of My Friday

I said I'd be totally public and totally transparent, right?

I think I also mentioned that I am not (yet) willing to give up my coffee, which they can have when they pry it from my cold, dead, but still-twitching coffee-addicted hands? I am at least willing to put it OFF for a bit.

So I started with a tall glass of water. My water, I have to tell you, is fantastic. I keep three gallons in the fridge, infused with lemon, mint, and cucumber. It's delicious. 

Then I took a multivitamin, some Osteo Bi-Flex, Caltrate with D3, fish oil, magnesium, and "Yeast Fighters".  All of these are thanks to my mother, who bought them for me, because she is awesome.

My first juice of the day consists of a ruby red grapefruit, a navel orange, a lemon, and a lime. It's really REALLY tasty.

I am also brewing some green tea, into which I will put some raw local honey to help with my allergies. 

Then I'll drink a half a mug of the perpetual bone broth I started on Tuesday. 

I am not missing my coffee. YET. We'll see how that goes. Like I said, I am not cutting it out yet. Don't hate. I cut out a LOT of garbage this week. 

So far, the only down side I will give to this is that I have a small, inexpensive juicer and no dishwasher. So it's kind of interesting to clean. There is an old toothbrush involved. Seriously. 

This morning, I am watching Forks Over Knives, a documentary about how a plant-based diet helps heal the body. 

Today, I am going to finish cleaning and rearranging stuff in my house, clean ALL of my clothes, bedding, slip covers, etc., and clear out the storage room to reorganize. I am trying to have a yard sale this weekend. I also want to get four more mint plants, one more parsley, and two rosemary plants into the ground. 

So far, since Tuesday, I really haven't felt HUNGRY. I haven't had any cravings. I've had a salad a day, which has been amazing, and has been shrinking! I am not really sure how I feel yet, because it's just a strange week. It's a week of weird sleep schedules and lots of activity, with no Little Man around. So it's hard to say how I feel physically or mentally yet. I refuse to weigh myself daily, so I'll update you on that periodically. I am still VERY symptomatic, but it's only been three days.

I really appreciate your prayers and support, here, by email, and on facebook. I can't tell you how much that really, genuinely helps me!