Friday, July 5, 2013

The Beginning of My Friday

I said I'd be totally public and totally transparent, right?

I think I also mentioned that I am not (yet) willing to give up my coffee, which they can have when they pry it from my cold, dead, but still-twitching coffee-addicted hands? I am at least willing to put it OFF for a bit.

So I started with a tall glass of water. My water, I have to tell you, is fantastic. I keep three gallons in the fridge, infused with lemon, mint, and cucumber. It's delicious. 

Then I took a multivitamin, some Osteo Bi-Flex, Caltrate with D3, fish oil, magnesium, and "Yeast Fighters".  All of these are thanks to my mother, who bought them for me, because she is awesome.

My first juice of the day consists of a ruby red grapefruit, a navel orange, a lemon, and a lime. It's really REALLY tasty.

I am also brewing some green tea, into which I will put some raw local honey to help with my allergies. 

Then I'll drink a half a mug of the perpetual bone broth I started on Tuesday. 

I am not missing my coffee. YET. We'll see how that goes. Like I said, I am not cutting it out yet. Don't hate. I cut out a LOT of garbage this week. 

So far, the only down side I will give to this is that I have a small, inexpensive juicer and no dishwasher. So it's kind of interesting to clean. There is an old toothbrush involved. Seriously. 

This morning, I am watching Forks Over Knives, a documentary about how a plant-based diet helps heal the body. 

Today, I am going to finish cleaning and rearranging stuff in my house, clean ALL of my clothes, bedding, slip covers, etc., and clear out the storage room to reorganize. I am trying to have a yard sale this weekend. I also want to get four more mint plants, one more parsley, and two rosemary plants into the ground. 

So far, since Tuesday, I really haven't felt HUNGRY. I haven't had any cravings. I've had a salad a day, which has been amazing, and has been shrinking! I am not really sure how I feel yet, because it's just a strange week. It's a week of weird sleep schedules and lots of activity, with no Little Man around. So it's hard to say how I feel physically or mentally yet. I refuse to weigh myself daily, so I'll update you on that periodically. I am still VERY symptomatic, but it's only been three days.

I really appreciate your prayers and support, here, by email, and on facebook. I can't tell you how much that really, genuinely helps me!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa are you getting a lot done or what? You're definitely keeping mind, body and spirit in good health. I too have a lot of allergies. I recently moved from New York City to Cape Cod - the ocean air helps a lot. I also gave up meat and sodas which have made a big difference in how I feel. Remembering you in prayer, Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, but I don't crave coffee when I'm sick and for sometimes weeks while recovering. Otherwise, the idea of that first cup of dark roast with heavy cream gets me into the kitchen to push the on button. Yes, I set up the espresso machine the night before.

    Sometimes, I'll quit for a while, by slowly decreasing the ratio of caffeinated to decaf (3/4 regular and 1/4 decaf, till the decaf is gone, then 1/2 to 1/2, then 1/4 to 3/4, then all decaf, then no coffee -- with the decaf for backup). Works every time. I try to only drink organic when I'm out, so that's cut down a lot, too.

    Lately I've had the sniffles, so don't feel like drinking coffee. I make orange pekoe tea in the afternoons and lace it with cream and a teensy bit of stevia. Hmmm, maybe I'm addicted to cream?

    Looking forward to your next installment. Off to eat a salad, due to your good influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! I am in a process of cutting coffee, it has being tough but I am working on it. I am your new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Glad to have you!

      I have very strong feelings about coffee. Seriously, men and friends have come in and out of my life, but Joe, dear, hot, steaming Joe (in his oversized mug) has always been here, and except when my kidneys were at their worst, I have welcomed his caffeinated warmth like an old friend.

      You are a stronger woman than I am.

      Delete